Advertisement

Mainstream media largely backs Joe Biden in touching allegations, but one late-night host says it's

Mainstream media largely backs Joe Biden in touching allegations, but one late-night host says it's close
Video
Second woman accuses Joe Biden of uncomfortable encounter
Fox News contributors Robert Wolf and Mike Huckabee weigh in on the role misconduct allegations play in politics.
Several members of the mainstream media have gone to bat for former Vice President Joe Biden as he faces allegations of inappropriate touching and hair sniffing, but at least one late-night host has a different take on the touchy-feely pol.
Two women have come forward with claims that the current Democratic frontrunner made them feel uncomfortable during their interactions. Former Democratic candidate for Nevada lieutenant governor Lucy Flores says Biden put his hands on her shoulders, smelled her hair, and kissed her on the back of her head in 2014 at a campaign event. And former congressional staffer Amy Lappos alleges that Biden grabbed her head and neck and touched noses, expressing that she thought he was going to kiss her on the mouth at a fundraiser in 2009.
Biden issued multiple statements in response to Flores’ claims.
“In my many years on the campaign trail and in public life, I have offered countless handshakes, hugs, expressions of affection, support, and comfort. And not once – never – did I believe I acted inappropriately. If it is suggested I did so, I will listen respectfully. But it was never my intention,” Biden said Sunday. “I may not recall these moments the same way, and I may be surprised at what I hear. But we have arrived at an important time when women feel they can and should relate their experiences, and men should pay attention. And I will.”
In a March 22 tweet, President Trump referred to the former vice president as "Crazy Joe Biden." (Reuters/Eduardo Munoz)
But the potential 2020 hopeful has found many defenders in the media who are downplaying the controversy.
MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” co-host Mika Brzezinski gave Biden the benefit of the doubt, saying he’s “extremely flirtatious in a completely safe way.”
“There’s a lot of things I know about Joe Biden– I’ve known him for a long time — he is extremely affectionate extremely flirtatious in a completely safe way,” Brzezinski said. “I am sure that somebody can misconstrue something he’s done. But as much as I can know what’s in anyone’s heart, I don’t think there is bad intent on his part at all.”
"Morning Joe" co-hosts Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough (Getty)
Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart appeared on MSNBC and claimed he has had the same “intimate” interactions with Biden.
“He put his forehead on my forehead. It was in November 2017. I had just done a one-on-one conversation with him in Schenectady, and he was really happy with the way it went,” Capehart recalled. “It was his way of congratulating me, congratulating us on an event that was well done.”
“The View” co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg and Meghan McCain both offered strong defenses of the former vice president. Goldberg referred to Biden as “overly familiar” and a “hands-on kind of guy.” She re

it's

Post a Comment

0 Comments