Advertisement

Scaling down an image without altering the quality

Scaling down an image without altering the quality Scaling down an image using Gimp 2.10

I design my logo’s using GIMP. I have tried my hands on Photoshop and Inkscape too. Inkscape is really great for a pixel perfect logo design. Though the learning curve is huge in Inkscape, its worth the energy and time that you invest in creating one.

Now, let’s not divert, i usually create my logo designs for my websites using GIMP. To include the logo inside the website requires us to scale down the image without making it pixelated. So how on earth are we going to scale it without losing the quality of the image.

Open the image that has to be resized in Gimp. Go to Image and select Scale Image. Enter the required dimension to scale it down. Under the Quality section choose the NoHalo as Interpolation method and click on the Scale Image button.

Earlier versions of Gimp before 2.10 used the interpolation of Sinc, but with the release of GIMP 2.10 the Interpolation method has been changed from Sinc to NoHalo .

Image,quality,logo,retain,pixel,gimp,2.10,image processing,

Post a Comment

0 Comments