Advertisement

How do you choose an app for mental health and wellbeing?

How do you choose an app for mental health and wellbeing? How do you choose an app for mental health and wellbeing? At some times in our lives, we might want to get support with our mental health and wellbeing. Perhaps we are struggling with a particular issue, or maybe we want to be proactive and take steps to make sure we are adopting healthy practices to keep us on top of things. These days, we have our smartphones with us almost all the time, and this is a natural place for many people to turn to for support or inspiration. But how do you go about choosing a mental health or wellbeing app? And how do you know if it is a good one or not?

There are 16 recommendations to check whether the app you're looking at is up to scratch or not, according to the research we talk about here.

Check out this conversation with David Bakker. David recently completed a Doctor of Clinical Psychology at Monash University. He is passionate about using technology to improve access to evidence-based prevention and treatment of mental health issues.

He has developed an app for dealing with low moods and anxiety, MoodMission, and is a member of the team that developed MoodPrism, a mood-tracking and mental health data collection app.

Don't forget to Like and Subscribe!

My channel brings together my interests in psychology and photography. Join me as I discover our world, inside and out sharing practical psychology facts and advice as well as interesting travel video and photography, combined with great music.

I post in mainly the categories on my channel: Travel, Photography and Timelapse, and Psychology and Mental Health:

Check out some of my playlists and videos right here:

Vietnam Playlist:

Hanoi coffee shops:

New Zealand Showcase:

Wellington Adventures:

Psychology, mental health and wellbeing:

Animated book summaries:

Loneliness Help videos:

My gear and how I use it:

About my channel and how it’s tracking:

I am 3-day-a-week-stay-at-home-parent to two daughters, and live with my wife, Sarah, and our dog Benji, and cat Ruru in beautiful Wellington in New Zealand. My roots are in the Panjab in India, from which my parents emigrated to the UK in the 1960s. I was born and raised in London, and lived, studied and worked all over the UK before emigrating myself to New Zealand in 2005.

I’ve been a psychologist for over 30 years, and a clinical psychologist for over half that time. I have two doctoral level degrees; a PhD from the University of Cardiff, UK and another Clinical Doctorate (DClinPsy) for UCL, in London, UK. Find out more about me at

Until recently (when I made the decision to focus on YouTube), I was a University Associate Professor. I still have an honorary position there.

I still broadcast regularly here in New Zealand

and am also featured in the International news media too

I also have a successful podcast called, Who cares? What’s the point, where I interview psychologists from around the world about why we should care about their research.



Watch out for this coming to YouTube soon as an animated sketch series!

I’ve also been a photographer since 4 years old, and have recently been shortlisted for a Regional Arts Award, won a US Embassy in NZ Public Diplomacy Grant, as well as holding some of my own exhibitions.







Thanks for reading - look forward to reading your comments in the channel!

Here’s where you can find me on other social media platforms:

Instagram: www.instagram.com/sarbjohalphoto
Twitter: twitter.com/sarb
Facebook: facebook.com/drsarbjohal
LinkedIn:

sarb johal,mental health and wellbeing,mental health and wellbeing in middle and late adolescence,mental health and wellbeing in schools,mental health and wellbeing in the workplace,mental health and wellbeing tips,concepts of mental health and wellbeing,youth mental health and wellbeing,mental health,mental health apps,mental health nz,positive mental health,wellbeing,mental wellbeing,emotional health,best mental health apps,therapy apps,mental health awareness,

Post a Comment

0 Comments