Advertisement

The Discount Broker Zone

The Discount Broker Zone I know, I get it, I truly do. Everybody wants to save a buck or two. Come on though, we've all heard the old saying you get what you pay for... right?

Denver's real estate market may have seen some pretty exceptional high points. I mean, even I can admit it was frustrating even heartbreaking to try to sell a home under 450k in 2017 and 2018. I think it would have been less painful to stick your head in a car door and slam it than to try and win a house then, especially if you were not a cash buyer. Thankfully the market isn't so heartbreaking these days. It may still be competitive at times but at least buyers aren't currently having to give up appraisal conditions and inspections to win very often.

That being said our prices haven't really dropped much but our appreciation is slowing a bit. The days on the market for most homes has creeped back above 30 days. So what's my point? Well...first of all I should address the elephant in the room -not to knock my fellow Realtors® there's a time, place and legitimate reasons for different fee structures for sure. My point is there is value in experience and value in an agent/broker who takes the time to learn the new ways of marketing.

Here in Denver we're being inundated with algorithm companies trying their level best to eliminate the need for Realtors®. It's kind of like walking into Wal(3@R+) and trying to ask for product help, (LOL) it isn't going to happen. Maybe imagine hiring parking lot engineers to build freeways. Oof the shear thought of that gives me a headache. Okay maybe that's not a good example I know nothing about engineering. LOL 😄
This internet phenomenon is creating all sorts of strange scenarios among the rest of us. Remember it takes:
1. Experience
2. Negotiation skills
3. A marketing plan
4. A marketing budget

So let me ask you honestly have you ever thought about what it takes to effectively market a home? Well I can say it's more than most think. If done correctly can net you way more. That brings me to the topic of price fixing which is a big bad no-no so don't misinterpret me today but I always personally question how some of "discounters" do it. I mean really think about it, after looking at some of their fees they make nothing after taxes, MLS fees, office fees, & dues, so are they betting on, quantity? I don't know.
Furthermore, my favorite topic who's going to answer the phone when you need answers? There is a notorious discount company here in which you will never deal with the same person...ever. I say ..yikes.

Anyways. This video/ post wasn't intended to stir up controversy, it's really just meant for entertainment. I hope I caught your attention today. Thanks for watching. Remember when it comes to Denver Real Estate (or Colorado Real Estate) Jennifer Sells...sells.

Zone

Post a Comment

0 Comments