Advertisement

The harshest bit that I have ever come across

The harshest bit that I have ever come across Although I do not use bits all the time I do have a good understanding of how they work. As part of my certification to be a clinition was a class on bitting. And I taught basics about bits class. So I have a collection of all different types of bits to use for my demonstrations.
If I had to pick the most harsh bit, this would be it. I actually found this at an estate sale of an old cowboy. He claimed he only used it on his stallions. Still... Ouch.
Why it is so harsh:
1. The smaller in diameter the mouthpiece is, the more pressure is placed on a small area on a very sensitive part of he horse's bars.
2. The twisted wire design makes those pressure points smaller and the twists can also irritate laterally if the horse is asked to give laterally.

All in all this a very harsh bit, even in very soft hands this bit has the potential to really hurt a horse.

bad bit,really bad bit,worst bit,the worst I have ever seen,#Lonestarwoman #Lonestarwoman80,harshest bit,

Post a Comment

0 Comments