Advertisement

How To Develop Stronger BJJ Techniques When They Fail (Monoplata Setup)

How To Develop Stronger BJJ Techniques When They Fail (Monoplata Setup) In this video today instead of going off a viewer question I touch on a technique I'm personally working on. Not just the technique itself, but also how I'm going about developing it. Even if you're not able to make use of the Monoplata setup or Half Butterfly Guard for your own Brazilian Jiu-jitsu game. The idea I share about developing BJJ techniques is powerful.

Here's what's essentially happened. Recently during my BJJ training and rolling I've been on the "hunt" for monoplata setups and submissions. And all was going fine for a bit.

Eventually my training partners caught on to what I was doing and began defending the technique and staying away from my grips. Which is frustrating. If I can't get the technique I can't get the grips.

This is where you make or break your deep learning of techniques in Brazilian Jiujitsu.

Now that your training partners or opponent's defend the original option it becomes your job to innovate and develop some new way of setting it up. You have to be creative.

In this video I share how I'm personally going through this process. Hopefully this will give you an idea as to how you might be able to dive deeper into the technique creativity of your own.

-Chewy
----------------
Free Ebook:

Video Courses and Products:

T shirts:







Intro/Outtro Music :

If you’d ever like to train with the team and I. Check out my gym Derby City MMA in Louisville,KY.

Chewjitsu,mma,chewjitsu.net,bjj,brazilian,jiu,jitsu,jiu-jitsu,bjje,grapplearts,grappling,white,belt,jiujitsutimes,Louisville,brazilian jiu-jitsu,brazilian jiujitsu,bjj training,rolling,techniques,bjj techniques,chewjitsu butterfly guard,mono plata,monoplata,develop,creativity,chewjitsu bjj techniques,derby city mma,louisville bjj,bjj louisville,

Post a Comment

0 Comments