Advertisement

I Felt Really Bad About This

I Felt Really Bad About This I did not  book  a TV commercial and felt really bad about it.

I  know, I know, I always tell the students I mentor or during
my workshops that after the audition, critique it, 
celebrate that you had an audition and got through it, then 
let it go.

I know but!!!

Still, I spent over 5 hours in the car, paid tolls
pumped a lot of gas in my car for the initial audition. Then,
I had a call-back. This means the casting director, director,
client and those from the ad agency liked my audition and 
wanted to see me again. So, for a second time, I spent a lot of time, money and energy for the call back.

Then, I did not book the job. Not only was it a potentially 
very lucrative job, but it was also a lot of fun. Very funny 
things happening and would have gotten the chance to 
play and improvise with other talented actors.



Always Keep This in Mind



There is a huge difference between feeling bad
about a situation and feeling bad about yourself.

That is an easy trap for actors and models to fall into. 
I didn't get the booking because I was not the perfect
person for the role. They would not have called me
into the casting director's office a second time unless
they really liked what I did.

So, if you don't book the job, it is OK to feel bad
about not getting the booking. But, assuming you
are a nice person, you are still a nice person. 

Don't ever base your self worth on how well 
you are doing in the industry.

That is a bad place to be in and will be hard to sustain that type of
emotional roller coaster.

I would love to hear how you deal with not booking a job. Leave your comments below.

Talk soon.
Aaron

_

DONATION



As you can imagine, there is a lot of time and money spent on creating and maintaining this Acting and Modeling Tips Channel.

If you find the information helpful, I would greatly appreciate you making a donation. Large, small or even a recurring donation will be great.

You can help support my Channel by visiting my Paypal Donation page here:



If there are topics or if you have a question you want me to answer here, feel free to email me at: aaron@howtoactandmodel.com


Aaron Marcus
SAG-AFTRA
Acting/Modeling Career Coach
Author: How to Become a Successful Actor and Model
Website: howtoactandmodel.com
Friend me: facebook.com/howtomodel
Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/aaronrmarcus
Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/aaronrmarcus
Mentoring Program:
IMDB:
Subscribe: youtube.com/howtomodel
Office Phone: 410-764-8270

acting,actor,actress,model,modeling,commercial modeling,agent,audition,call back,film audition,TV audition,TV commercial audition,TV commercials,

Post a Comment

0 Comments