Advertisement

Where should I apply to college? Insights after visiting 87 colleges

Where should I apply to college? Insights after visiting 87 colleges 5 thoughts on choosing colleges, application tips, and things to know before applying to college (things I wish I knew in school)

This is my 7th year working with high school students and there's as much confusion and misconceptions as ever about the college applications process.

- How should I pick which colleges to apply to?
- What's the right balance between GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and extracurriculars?
- Which fields or majors should I consider?

Two years ago, I decided the best way to clear things up is to actually go to the universities and talk to admissions officers themselves. This video is about my thoughts and insights after visiting 87 top colleges and universities in the past 2 years. I hope it provides some perspective and clarity on the whole applying to college thing.



-------------------- TABLE OF CONTENTS: --------------------

1:16 - Why I visited 87 top colleges & universities
2:53 - #1 You're picking them, not the other way around
6:50 - #2 Know thyself
10:59 - #3 Part of a team
13:12 - #4 Big vs small
14:46 - #5 Power of accumulation



-------------------- LINKS IN VIDEO: --------------------

Student loan calculator:

2019 Fiske's Guide:
2019 Princeton Review Guide:

Myers-Briggs test 1:
Myers-Briggs test 2:
Myers-Briggs test 3:
Myers-Briggs test 4:

True Colors (Hartman Personality Profile):

Enneagram test 1:
Enneagram test 2:
Enneagram test 3:
Enneagram test 4:


#collegeapplications #collegeadvice #highschooladvice #selectingcolleges

college application advice,college application process,college selection,high school advice,college application tips,how to get into college,where should I go to college,how to get into ivy league,applying to college,high school hacks,how to select college,applying to college as a homeschooler,how to succeed in high school,study tips,choosing a college,sky so blue,david wu,where should I apply,college application essay tips,

Post a Comment

0 Comments