Advertisement

HOW TO BOOK CHEAP ACCOMMODATION

HOW TO BOOK CHEAP ACCOMMODATION Sick of staying in cheap hostels but don't know what the alternatives are without breaking the bank? Here are my top five booking websites and my top tips for bringing the price down even more on your accommodation!

Booking sites:

MeshTrip: www.meshtrip.com
Airbnb: www.airbnb.com
GET $34 OFF YOUR FIRST TRIP HERE: www.airbnb.com.au/c/aford34?s=8
Trivago: www.trivago.com
HostelWorld: www.hostelworld.com
LastMinute: www.lastminute.com

MeshTrip

Ah, MeshTrip. My new found love. Having spent the past two years using various comparison sites, it always got my guts in a twist by how they always pull from JUST hotel and hostel sites. Listings with no character. EXPENSIVE! But MeshTrip is very different. This comparison site pulls over a million "instant book" listings from sites such as Airbnb, 9flats and vacation homes. Because they include just short term instant book listings, you don't have to wait around for your host/hotel to get back to you and confirm the booking, it is done with a single tap of a button! So you are not just bombarded with expensive bland hotels, you actually get some awesome listings from some of the cheapest websites out there and you can get INSTANTLY excited about your upcoming trip!

Airbnb

It is really hard not to have heard about Airbnb if you read my blog or watch my videos as I am a woman obsessed. I use it for absolutely everything now (almost). Finding locals to stay with really enhances your time in a country and can even make you friends all over the world.

Trivago

It is really rare that we actually want to stay in a hotel. Scott would be more willing than me because I always crave character when I visit a place, somewhere warm and cosy with a family feel. Hotels are just hotels. No matter where you go, they are four walls, all white with no personality. However, Trivago does not just find you hotels, it can also help you discover some cool BnB's and fancy resorts (if that's what you like!)

HostelWorld

The hub of all hostels, both HostelWorld and HostelBookers offer the biggest range of youth hostels in any area in the world. Even though we don't stay at hostels as much anymore, even though we really try to because the social aspect is incredible, but private rooms can be astronomical

Last Minute

lastminute.com may have seen it's best days, with the introduction of newer, bigger and better booking sites now, it may have to consider retirement. However, on that note, let's not give up on good old Last Minute just yet! When I started to use the site I was baffled by how ANYONE could find these deal cheap. But then I started to spend more time on the site, really searching through the listings, altering my dates and playing with locations and WOW. You've still got it LM! Even though I hate the website's layout, I am a big fan on some of their last minute deals!

How long should you book accommodation for VIDEO:

DON'T FORGET TO BECOME A LITTLE PSYCHO:

Social media is sexy:

Facebook:
Twitter:
Pinterest:
Instagram:

My blog:

Business email: psychotraveller22 at gmail dot com

accommodation,hostel,hotel,deals,travel,travelling,backpacking,airbnb,meshtrip,trivago,review,hints,tips,advice,psychotraveller,last minute,saving,cheap,budget,shoestring,How-to (Website Category),

Post a Comment

0 Comments