Advertisement

Splatoon 2: To-and-fro in Tower Control [13(2)-3, Splattershot]

Splatoon 2: To-and-fro in Tower Control [13(2)-3, Splattershot] I'm sticking with defensive inking to start with, until it looks like a window of opportunity opens. Moving up has my running straight in to an Ink Storm, and skirting that finds an inkling pondering life, and it's a bit of a shame to splat them. I dodge a couple of Chickens before squeezing through the inky gap under the wall, and push up to support the Tower. I lose track of one inkling, but the Tower keeps going, and I head up the ledge to support from the side. My help is mostly with ink, and just the one splat, not really finding the right time to use the Splashdown until I am hit by the Sloshing Machine as I start my jump. So it goes.

The Sloshing Machine comes our way, looking like they want to disrupt us, and they do, despite my attempt to stop them. They get close to our base, turn around, and activate their own Splashdown without hesitation. I am still not practiced enough to splat a Splashdowner, and am too close to the landing to evade it, so pretty much just stand there and take it.

I tidy up the blue mess on my return and head down the flank, but rather than surprise any blue inklings I just find myself far behind the Tower. I manage to catch up to it safely, but not before the blue team steal the lead from us. It looks like the Sloshing Machine's tactic worked well! At least we stop the Tower before it gets too far, and all the inking has charged a new Splashdown, but my attempt to turn it in to a super-Splashdown doesn't work at first, and has little effect when I land on the Tower. But at least I used it.

I get some height as the Tower is stopped, and look for the right moment to pounce. I splat the Sloshing Machine, but miss the Hero Shot Replica with a Burst Bomb, hitting the Tower instead, but as my squidmates are riding the Tower forwards things are going well again. I charge a new Splashdown and hide to aim for the Tower, which gets me a splat on landing and protects my squidmates just as we retake the lead. Nice!

I continue my support from the side, pushing back the Hero Shot Replica and helping clear the turned Tower, and using another Splashdown to neutralise a Hamster Ball. It doesn't quite stop the blue team from pushing us back, though, and I withdraw to keep the ink flowing. Chickens are flying from the ledge, but some opportunistic inking splats the source. We push the Tower again, and I hide to aim another super-Splashdown, but it's just a bit too late, my squidmates having been splatted from the Tower. Trying to line up a normal Splashdown just makes me a target for the Sloshing Machine again.

The Tower comes our way again, and the Chicken-thrower keeps throwing Chickens, but they really aren't that much of a threat and we stop the blue push. My squidmates reset the Tower, and I hop on to the blocks to see what's happening, and what's happening is the Chicken thrower has retreated to throw more Chickens. I show them what Burst Bombs can do, and after a pause for effect, they are splatted. With the final blue push stopped by my squidmates, I'm quite happy with that being my last action of the battle. Veemo!

switch,splatoon 2,splattershot,tower control,inkblot art academy,

Post a Comment

0 Comments