Advertisement

NCS Programme gives Shafiea the confidence to speak to everyone

NCS Programme gives Shafiea the confidence to speak to everyone National Citizen Service is a life-changing programme open to all teenagers aged 15-17 to discover who they are and what they can do. Sign up for NCS here:

The NCS programme is your chance to explore, be inspired and find your passion, just like over 500,000 young people who have already taken part.


This is Shafiea's NCS story

"Before NCS I went to school, and I went to a boy's school."

"I worked in a mosque with only 7-16 year old boys, so when I got my first job at a pharmacy, I remember one day a female came in and she asked for a prescription. I put my head down, started fidgeting and called for the pharmacist because I was nervous."

"NCS came and I was thrown right in the deep end. I was nominated as the Team Leader so I basically had to talk to girls. The first couple of days I kept looking at the floor, kept on fidgeting."

"Not only did NCS give me the confidence speaking to girls, but it gave me confidence speaking to everyone, and you realise that in different situations you have to speak in different mannerisms. So when I was teaching in the mosque I had to speak in a professional manner, when I was sitting with friends I could speak more informally."

"NCS gave you that clear sense of how and when to speak."


Action4Youth is proud to deliver the National Citizen Service for all teenagers in the Aylesbury Vale Area.
.

national citizen service,ncs,get confident,grow confidence,ncs programme,learn to communicate,confidence speaking,action4youth,

Post a Comment

0 Comments